Medicines Used Against Common Illnesses!
Despite new medical advancements enabling better outcomes for patients with more obscure and difficult to treat diseases, for many common illnesses doctors still rely on the same standard treatments that they’ve relied upon for decades. This is largely due to medical researchers recognising that for certain common illnesses there are now no longer any further advancements in treatment to be made and, therefore, the now long established treatment protocols should continue to be applied, with research funding directed at harder to treat illnesses with more scope for a breakthrough.
Hay fever is one of the most common allergic illnesses in the UK, with an estimated twenty percent of the population suffering from it at some point in their lives. The medical approach used to treat hay fever has been largely unchanged for a long time now, with antihistamines still the most commonly used treatment.
Another common health condition which adversely affects the quality of life of millions of people across the UK is migraine headaches. Migraine headaches can be excruciatingly painful and cause a huge drop in productivity and the general ability to function normally of the sufferer. The most commonly used medicines to counteract the unpleasant effects of migraine headaches are still ibuprofen and paracetamol.
Parkinson’s is a far more serious disease than the two health conditions mentioned above, however, the main gold standard treatment for the majority of patients is still Levodopa, despite huge amounts of time and money being put into research for better treatments. The statistics also show that it is more common than many people imagine, with over a hundred thousand sufferers living with the condition in the UK
Categories: Common Illnesses
- Healthy Tips for Novice Poker Players
- How to Stay Healthy When Playing in Online Casinos
- Staying mentally fit during recuperation
- Improving Your Memory With Poker
- Let the sun shine in
- What adrenaline does to your body
- How to Stay Healthy When Working Indoors
- Substitutes for Cigarettes
- How to Choose the Right Health Care Provider
- Medicines Used Against Common Illnesses!
- Stem cells might be the future of medicine
- Ways to Boost your Immune System
- Why You Should Learn First Aid And CPR